Naturally Sweetened Vegan Chocolate Mousse
It is no secret that in our house we LOVE a sweet treat for dessert
I always get excited when I find a healthy option that is utterly delicious
This recipe also gets the LICK of approval from from 3yo and 5yo girls
This is SO decadent and only has SEVEN ingredients... I topped ours with coconut yoghurt and cacao nibs for crunch
NATURALLY SWEETENED VEGAN CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp carob powder (optional // deepens the chocolate flavor and sweetens)
3/4 cup chopped cocoa butter
pinch sea salt
1x 400ml can of full-fat coconut milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
stevia (to taste)
6-9 medjool dates (pitted)
1. In a small saucepan, combine cacao powder, carob powder (optional), cocoa butter, salt, and 3/4 cup (180ml) coconut milk. Begin warming over medium-low heat, whisking to combine.
2. Once the mixture is melted, add remaining coconut milk and whisk until fully combined. Then remove from heat and add vanilla, stevia to taste (or just add more dates).
3. Transfer the mixture to a blender / Thermomix. Add dates (start with 5 and increase to taste), and blend on high until creamy and smooth.
4. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more cacao powder for rich chocolate flavor, dates for sweetness, or sea salt for saltiness. You could also add other flavors, such as peppermint oil for choc-mint or peanut butter for peanut butter-chocolate.
5. Transfer to a bowl and cover. Refrigerate until cold and thickened – at least 4 hours or overnight.
6. Serve as is or top with coconut whipped cream, raspberries, chopped dark chocolate... so many yummy options.
Recipe source: www.minimalistbaker.com/naturally-sweetened-vegan-chocolate-mousse/