This is my go-to breakfast after training. I love that it is hearty without being too heavy. This is so versatile too... add berries or any other of your favourite fruits or switch up the nuts. I use banana and walnuts to make this a low FODMAP option.
- 1/2 cup of brown rice flakes (sometimes I use half Teff flakes)
- handful of walnuts
- banana (sliced)
- 2 tbsp of rice malt syrup (or other sweetener)
- milk (I use rice milk for low FODMAP)
- Pour your brown rice flakes in a bowl and cover with boiling water. I also cover the bowl to allow the steam to soften the flakes. I use a silicone wrap which can be found here or you could use a lid or plate.
- Once the flakes have softened (it only takes about 2-3 mins), you can pour in extra milk to your desired consistency.
- Now it is time to add extras... slice up banana and add to the bowl along with walnuts and drizzle on sweetener.