- 1 cup chickpea (besan) flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I used powder)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 3 tablespoons hulled tahini (or nut butter)
- 1/2 cup plant based milk (I used almond)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 medjool dates, pitted (these are the fresh dates)
- 1 block dark vegan chocolate, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees celcius, (fan forced).
- Combine all ingredients, except for chocolate, in your food processor or blender.
- Blend until super smooth and evenly combined.
- Chop your chocolate and add half of your chocolate to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper (non stick)
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the mixture out onto the baking trays with at least 4 cms between each cookie.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the chocolate over the cookies, lightly pressing them into the mixture and place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Recipe source: https://naturalharry.com.au/chickie-bikkies-chocolate-chip-cookies-gf-plant-based-whole-food-easy