Date & Almond Truffles
🍫 DATE & ALMOND TRUFFLES 🍫
These are so simple! A yummy sweet treat... adapt these to a nut free school treat by simply swapping the nuts to sunflower seeds 🤗
One of our favourites! 😋
- 200 gram Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup of nuts, toasted (we love almonds or sunflower seeds for a nut free option)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp honey (or other sweetener)
- For rolling:
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- Blend dates, nuts, cacao and honey together in a Thermo mix / food processor until nuts are finely chopped and mixture resembles a thick paste.
- Roll mixture into balls and roll in coconut.... I find it easier to pour the mixture into a silicone loaf pan and press it flat. Refrigerate and then cut into squares.