Gluten Free Banana Pancakes
I have been trying different pre-workout food options for my longer training sessions in the lead up to my half Ironman event. I made this recipe on the weekend and it was so yummy and made the perfect pre-workout snack. My girls have enjoyed these too and they make a great snack for school lunchboxes!
- 1 cup gluten-free self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (flax meal)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon collagen powder (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or rice malt syrup or honey)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup mash banana (1 medium banana)
- 1 cup almond milk (or coconut)
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, flax meal, cinnamon, collagen (optional) and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, vanilla, mashed banana, and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and gently mix until combined.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, melt butter (we use Nuttelex) or coconut oil
and begin to cook the pancakes.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until they start to bubble around the edges and flip. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Allow to cool and then serve!