Maple Soy Glazed Buddha Bowl
This low FODMAP Buddha bowl is on high rotation in our household. You can add any extras to your bowl but these are our favourites; steamed broccoli + carrot + green beans and kale salad.
For the tofu:
- 1 block (350g) extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed, cubed
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil for frying
- cooked brown & white rice for serving
For the maple soy glaze:
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 3 tsbp coconut oil (or other cooking oil)
- To make the tofu: add the tofu to a medium bowl with the rice flour. Toss well to coat, and shake off excess.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the tofu cubes until all sides are browned. About 4 minutes each side. Drain tofu on paper towel to get rid of excess oil.
- To make the maple soy glaze: in a small pot, add all sauce ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute, whisking constantly, until the sauce starts to thicken. Remove from heat,
- Toss the sauce with the tofu and serve over a bed of rice.