Roasted Almond Raw Chocolate
Such a yummy flavour combination with the roasted almonds, sea salt and smooth raw chocolate. You can sub coconut oil for the cacao butter but it will have a different texture and will melt quickly. I love using cacao butter!
100gr raw almonds
200 g raw cacao butter (eg. Loving Earth Raw Cacao Butter)
50-60 g raw cacao powder (or to taste)
100 g raw honey or pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or natural extract
1⁄8 tsp fine sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC. Spread the almonds on a large baking tray (I use our silicone baking mats which can be found here).
2. Bake the almonds for 10 minutes, stirring halfway (if you can remember - sometimes I don't).
3. Let the almonds cool and chop into small pieces. Spread evenly into mini cupcake silicone moulds or a lined baking tray to make a bark and sprinkle with salt.
4. In a small pot, melt the cacao butter on a very low heat until just melted (or use double boiler method).
5. Add the cacao powder, vanilla paste and sweetener. Mix until well combined. 6. Pour chocolate mixture over roasted almonds and place the tray in the freezer immediately to set (don't delay with this).
8. Once set, keep in an airtight container in either the fridge or freezer.