Salted Peanut Raw Chocolate Slab
This chocolate recipe is the base of many possibilities... add drops of essential oil for flavouring, add dried fruit, other nuts... so many delicious combinations!
- 200 g raw cacao butter
- 50-60 g raw cacao powder (or to taste)
- 100 g raw honey or pure maple syrup or rice malt syrup (or decrease for a bitter dark chocolate)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or natural extract
- 1⁄8 tsp fine sea salt (only if the nuts you are using aren't already salted)
- 1 cup of salted and roasted peanuts
- In a silicone loaf tray, pour in the salted peanuts to cover the bottom of the tray.
- In a small pot, add cacao butter and gently melt.
- Once the cacao butter has completely melted, remove from the heat and add the cacao powder, sweetener, vanilla and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the silicone loaf tray, covering the peanuts and place in the freezer until set.