Spiced Ginger Cookies
🍪 SPICED GINGER COOKIES 🍪 (GF, DF, V)
I whipped up a batch of these during the week and they are sooo yummy! 😋
I highly recommend you give these a go - especially if you are finding yourself snacking a lot at the moment 😆🙊
- 1¼ cup pitted dates
- 2½ cup almond meal (or nut-free alternative is brown rice flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 egg (or 1 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 1/3 cup water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 175oC.
- In a food processor, pulse 1 1/2 cups of the almond meal with the dates until finely chopped (but not forming a paste).
- Add remaining almond meal and ingredients and mix until a ball forms.
- Don't process the mixture too much - you don't want the almonds breaking down so much that they release oil making almond butter.
- Form balls about the size of a walnut then place them on ungreased cookie sheet or tray. Press each ball down lightly, flattening to a rounded cookie shape and pop into the oven.
- In 10 minutes you'll have around 35 heavenly smelling and tasting spiced ginger cookies.
Recipe source: Janella Purcell
I think for my next batch, I might add a vegan chocolate button to each cookie 😍