Sweet Potato Ice Cream
🍦SWEET POTATO ICE CREAM 🍦
** spoiler alert! 😝
This ice cream tastes nothing like sweet potato and is like a chocolatey creamy heaven... without the dairy, sugar and gluten 😍
You have got to try this out!
Vegan GF Sweet Potato Ice Cream
- 250gr sweet potato peeled and cooked (*see notes)
- 1/3 cup (105 g) of maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 3-4 (50 g) Medjool dates pitted
- 1 1/3 cups (320 ml) canned coconut milk full fat
- 4 tbsp (24 g) cacao powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cook a medium-large sweet potato. I used an orange sweet potato and baked it in the oven at 200°C until it was soft (approx. 45 minutes). It's also possible to microwave the sweet potato until soft. If using a white Japanese sweet potato, boil in a pot with water (about 15-20 minutes).
- Let it cool; the cooked and cooled sweet potato should weigh 250g.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor And blend until completely smooth, silky, and creamy.
- Add the mixture to a loaf pan, cover it with plastic wrap and place in the freezer. An ice cream storage container works even better. If you have an ice-cream maker, then feel free to use it. The ice cream will be even creamier 👏🏻
- Freeze for at least 4 hours for a soft serve consistency or overnight. Let thaw at room temperature for about 20 minutes before serving. Enjoy! Store in the freezer for up to 2 weeks, but it tastes the best when fresh.
Thanks to @tae_paige for sharing this delicious recipe 🙏🏻❤️