Veggie & Lentil Pasta
This is a yummy meal prepped lunch that you can prep ahead of time.... gnocchi (or replace with a different pasta of your choice) with a tomato sauce filled with veggies and lentils that will keep you fuelled for your day!
Meal prepping doesn't need to be complicated or take you a lot of time. It should help you save time and this makes healthy eating 'convenient'.
@_simplywize pumpkin gnocchi (or 500gr of another pasta)
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 can of lentils (rinsed and drained)
- 2 stalks of celery (chopped)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1/2 zucchini (grated)
- 2 spring onions (chopped)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- splash of olive oil
1 small head of broccoli florets
1/2 cup of grated cheese (I used vegan cheese)
- Heat a pan on medium heat and add olive oil, spring onions, carrot, zucchini and celery and sautee for 8 mins until veggies soften. Stirring occasionally.
- Once the veggies have softened, add canned tomatoes, tomato paste, dried oregano and salt and pepper. Stir to combine and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes to thicken.
Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil add the gnocchi to the boiling water, Cook for 2 mins (until the gnocchi rises to the top of the water). Remove from the boiling water with a slotted spoon and add the cooked gnocchi into the tomato sauce.
- In a bowl, add broccoli florets and a splash of water. Microwave on high for 7 minutes (I like to cook al dente).
- Once broccoli is cooked, run the broccoli under cold running water to stop further cooking and keep the florets bright and green.
- Divide your gnocchi and tomato sauce into containers (I love these 500ml glass containers from Kmart), add the steamed broccoli and top with grated cheese.