We love using this recipe to create layered breakfast jars for my daughter's. Layering this chia seed pudding with berry chia jam (recipe here), yoghurt, chopped prune and topping with mixed berries... this makes a simple mid week breakfast as I prep these jars the night before.
- 1 1/2 cup milk (we use coconut milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- In a bowl or glass jar, add milk along with vanilla and maple syrup and stir.
- Add chia seeds and stir to evenly combine. Leave it to set on the bench for 10 minutes and then give the chia pudding a stir to redistribute the chia seeds.
- Place the chia pudding in the fridge to set and chill for at least 1-2 hours (preferably overnight), or until chilled through and pudding-like in consistency.