Easy Peasy Pesto Pasta
This is such an easy meal to whip together mid week or when you are short of time.
To make this even faster, I have ready made frozen portions of my Kale and Basil vegan pesto (click here for pesto recipe).
I make a batch of this pesto and the freeze it in mini muffin moulds and then place in a container in our freezer once it is completely frozen. This way, I can easily take the amount of pesto I need for the dish I am making.
1 packet of pasta (I use a GF pasta)
2 cups of veggies *
* our favourite mix is steamed broccoli & cauliflower florests with frozen peas and corn but use whatever you have on hand (remember that this is meant to be 'easy peasy')
1/2 - 3/4 cup of Kale and Basil vegan pesto (click here for pesto recipe)
nutritional yeast, hemp seeds
1. Cook the pasta as per instructions.
2. Drain pasta and keep aside 1 cup of pasta water.
3. Prepare veggies and steam veggies if you are using fresh. If using frozen veggies, no need to cook.
4. Heat a medium sized pot, add a glug of oil and the cooked pasta. Stir the pasta through the oil.
5. Add your veggies, pesto and a splash of the reserved pasta water. Stir gently so you don't break the pasta. Add more pasta water depending on how thick you want your sauce.
6. Once all ingredients are heated, sprinkle in nutritional yeast and hemp seeds (if using).